Aug 29, 2005

Home From Vermont

So this is what it's like to roll like a pro mountain biker in "The Big Show". We do whatever we can to get to where we need to go for as little as possible.

I was so lucky to "squeeze" into a ride bound for Hartford airport. My pilot Heather Andretti and DJ Zephanie were so kind too cram my gear into an already jammed X-Terra (I felt so X-treme). With 3 bikes, 6 sets of wheels, and a weeks worth of stinky, muddy clothes we were on our way.

After 3 hours of high speed stunt driving and tunes from many eras, we made it to my drop off point, Hartford, CT. I grab a slice of pizza and a fish bowl of "Loud Mouth Soup" (beer) from the pizza shack next to my motel. Looking to grab some well deserved zzzz's I check in to Super 8 "conveniently" located next to the airport for the quick get-a-way the next morning.

Super 8 motel was not so super. It was more like a converted jailhouse. My room was right in the take-off pattern. Every 45 seconds I was blessed with 2000 watts of landing gear lights in my window ALL NIGHT LONG. With about 20 seconds of shut-eye I made it to the terminal on time for my 6:00 am flight home. I choose such horrendous times to fly so that I can make it home in time to work that day. Hurricane Katrina was barreling in on New Orleans and the flight home was like a wild rollercoaster ride for 3 hours. No sleep still...We land @ SFO on time, I make it to my car on time, and to work in San Anselmo, ON TIME. Whew...that's the way we roll...

Next up, Infinion Cross Country, and sleeping at home.

No comments: