Jan 28, 2006

Update: Good News/Bad News

Okay, so I have been out on the bike a few times since my rib crackin' good time on Monday. Thanks to everyone that has called and written their well wishes. Being the eternal optimist, I am convinced that there is always something good that can come from anything bad that happens. So the bad news first:

Because of my recent rib injury, I have suspended my training...to be a Cage Fighter. Yes, it's true. I have been in a double top secret program to be a cage fighter. I figured with the right training I had a chance at the World Title. I have decided that that goal is no longer possible. So don't go running out to REX-KWON-DO DoJo to catch a glimpse of my secret training regime, because I have scrapped that plan. I would like to thank my coach Rex and my sparring partner, Kip. You guys are the best. Yup, I've hung up the gloves. (well not actually, cause in cage fighting, there are no gloves. At least I think. Truth be told, I never really set foot in a ring.) So now the good news:
Training on the bike has resumed after only missing two days. Incredibly, my ribs feel the best when I'm on the bike. Maybe it's the endorphines, I don't know, but all is well. Sleeping is still a struggle, but hey...you can sleep when you're dead, right? I think the Mountain Bike will have to wait a week or two for now, but I am just itching to get back out there and ride the trails again.

So now that I am freeing up some of my time by suspending my Cage Fighting career, I have some free time.....hmmmmm....I wonder what other possibilities are out there to experience...
Stay Tuned....I have some ideas...
Speaking of free time, I just posted my race schedule for the season (See right sidebar). If you have some free time, come on out and hand me a waterbottle. (It's a lot like watching the grass grow, or paint dry, but hey, it's better than doing the dishes.)