Feb 1, 2006

Hello My Friend...We meet again

TW, It was great catching up with you last night.

To all of you waiting to hear some news on Tyler...hang just a little longer. I think we should know something next week. As soon as I can, I will let you know EVERYTHING. I promise.

Since I am sure you all are getting pretty tired of pictures of rain...(I know I am) I figured I would take us on a little journey South of the border to Puerto Vallarta. It's all I could think of the last hour of my soggy ride this morning. Not just PVR, but Cabo San Lucas too. I wish I could click my heels three times and be there. Especially when about the third hour in the rain, your shoes are about as full as they are going to get and the water comes gushing out of the tops with every pedal stroke for the next hour or so. Sorry...we were talking about Mexico...The fish tacos at this little stand in San Jose del Cabo called Rossy's Taqueria...oh those would have been good when it started to really rain out in West Marin when I was doing my third interval through Samuel P. Taylor Park. It's crazy what rambles through your head out there. Wait, STOP! Mexico...remember? There was this one time in CSL when all we did was wake-up...jump in the pool...on the way to the beach. Swim in the waves. Jump back in the pool on the way back from the beach. Grab some pesos. Get some Chips and Salsa and beers at the bar...IN THE POOL. Return to the condo, take a nap, grab a book, and sit by the pool. Swim. Nap, Repeat. I have worn out another drivetrain on my bike. My chain nearly exploded within 10K of my house. I think all of the rain and the mud and sand on the roads are really wreaking havoc on the bike, not to mention the body....One night in CSL we awoke to the sound of a Mariachi band seranading a couple outside the balcony of their condo. They played my favorite mariachi song, Guadalajara. I will never forget that night. It was a warm night, with a full moon shimmering off the water...Typical for Mexico. I should have eaten better for my ride. I brought plenty of the new Clif Shot Bloks but because of the inevitable hypothermia setting in, I could have brought the whole box and still not had enough. Trying to eat late in the ride while weaving in and out of traffic and trying to preserve the final bit of my chain that was about to break made for a grand finale...Snorkeling at Santa Maria Cove in CSL and Los Arcos in PVR was pleasant. The water was relatively warm and the views were spectacular. On the contrary, the times I have been out to Lands End, I could sense the Pacific's cold waters intruding. Not to mention the crowds of people and all of the water Taxis. CSL and all of the tourists just does not appeal to me nearly as much as San Jose del Cabos and PVR. So, the workout wasn't pretty, but I got'r done. I can rest up for my next adventure tomorrow morning. Till then, have an ice cold one waiting for me in PVR Aunt Kathy and Uncle Joe. I'm already there in spirit.