Jul 24, 2006

"Staff Meeting"

Meltdown

So...it's been too long since I have had a minute to post anything. First it was Nationals right here in my backyard. I managed to have a career best ride in Short Track on Sunday the 16th. The temperature rose to 105degrees for the start. Larry Longo, the announcer for all NORBA Nationals, calls Short Track the "Hurricane of Pain." A fellow Rider/Blogger, Nick Martin compares Short Track to that of giving birth to a cactus. I would like to add that it is always all those things and more, but on Sunday, with the temps...well...the only way to describe it is imagine wrapping your lips around a hairdryer while going anaerobic. Let's just sat, "I melted the motherboard." And I had a great time doing it.

The next day, I started my new career at Clif Bar. My game plan in job acquisition was to loiter there until they gave me a desk and a paycheck. My plan only took the better part of 6 years to implement. While the first week was filled with a lot of meet and greet meetings and learning a whole new lifestyle, I loved it.


Morning Meeting005

At this "Meeting", Finance, Upper Management, R&D, Customer Service, Luna Chicks Team and Marketing departments all "Collaborated" on future initiatives.

The first week of any job can be a bit on the difficult side. For me, coming into Clif Bar, it was more like returning to school from Summer Vacation. The company is filled with new and long time friends. Most people thought I already worked for the company.

I have a feeling I am home.

Morning Meeting003

I mean, where else can you drop your boss at a meeting.


CIMG1010
I celebrated my new job by heading to an Extra-Innings Giants game with my mom, uncle and cousin in the afternoon sun. It was only 102degrees. At least the seats were close to the action.

Adendum: I am not complaining about the weather, I am merely commenting. I appreciate any day that it does not RAIN.

1 comment:

CD said...

congrats on the sweet new job! what is your title there?