Mar 15, 2006

Au revoir

Tomorrow morning, my bike and I are taking another journey. This time it requires a trip across "the pond." Somehow, with all of the recent snow both at home and in Western Europe, I feel like skis might be the better call...
The most important trip you may take in life is meeting people halfway. ~Henry Boye

I am returning to foreign yet familiar places for a third period in my life, experiencing it perhaps for the last time or so I thought the time before. That's the beauty about traveling and life, you never really know if you will ever return to places you have been and certainly they will be different when you do. Upon returning, if I am so fortunate, no matter how long it has been since I last visited, I tend to have a much greater appreciation for them. And each time, I can assure you, will likely be the last time, so I best make the most of it. Unless...I never leave...hmmm.

I always make it a point to never leave without saying goodbye no matter how hard it may be, for it may be my last words you ever hear. Life is short, too short sometimes. Definitely too short to hold back from those that matter most. I plan on returning, if I don't fall in love with Switzerland, Italy and France again. So for now...Au revoir, arrivederci.

Always, Enjoy the ride...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patrick,
You have good messages in life for all of us. Keep "enjoying the ride"
S.B.

Anonymous said...

You have good lessons for life. Keep "enjoying the ride".
S.B.