Mar 6, 2006

Solo...

Austin, Texas King of Jester Hill Climb Time Trial...(Another skinny tire race)

Isn't it strange, the way certainty always comes before shatterings?

I crushed the record time by over 10 seconds and sat comfortably in first most of the day. The race organizer and announcers were blown away. I didn't feel comfortable believing it was over...till it's over. I knew that there could always be somebody, like some local 2002 US Pro National Road Champion to show up and let me know this was their backyard. He tried, but my time was sticking. I started to let it sink in. Maybe for once...I had won. (Fool) That is... till a 90 pound, 19 year old beat me fair and square by 15 hundreths of a second....What is this a ski race??? I guess I should have ridden the course before the race instead of the old "Show and Go." I guess this another chapter about Live and learn...

Now I am on a plane home and just have time to post this before I have to listen to that speech AGAIN. Something about oxygen masks and exit doors behind me for a water landing...
I will post more when I don't have to type this out on my phone.
More to follow soon...In the meantime, here are some more pictures

No comments: