Apr 7, 2006

Like A Herd of Turtles

Yesterday and today were in S-L-O-W M-O-T-I-O-N. We raced (and I use that term loosely) in, no kidding, 4-6" of mud. Yesterday the race was 1 hour long and I spent 3 hours cleaning the bike afterwards just to get ready for today's muddy festivities. Today was a 4 minute Time Trial and it took me 1 hour to clean the bike for tomorrow. So the good news is, it started to rain this afternoon. I am so psyched for tomorrow. The Short Track has been called many things, some of which I cannot mention here, but for lack of a better nick name, we shall call it the "Hurricane of Pain." Yet, in slow motion, it will look more like a herd of killer turtles.
Photos courtesy of Paul Mckenzie-Clif Bar
After the Sunday and the 3 hour Cross Country in conditions like this, my bike should be reduced to a pile of rubble. Nothing like kicking off the season like this.

No comments: