May 19, 2006

12 Step Program

Tonight, after work, I had a self imposed intervention. I showed myself that I have a bad drinking problem. I walked around the studio and pointed out where I hide all of my drinks from the rest of the world and myself. I probably have three to four bottles a day. I easily polish off two while at work. The empties were everywhere.
In my own defense, I pointed out to myself that I am bored with plain old flat water. I drink copious amounts of it while riding and racing so it's no wonder I go for the bubbly stuff when I'm off the bike and just working or hanging at home. I don't go stunt car drivin' or get stupid violent and start shootin' guns. I just chill and enjoy a bottle or two. Sometimes alone, but hey, I'm okay being alone when I'm sippin the bubbly...it just means more for me.
And another thing...it's not like I am drinking that import stuff. I just stick to the domestic stuff. It's gotta be less severe...right? It has less sodium.
I'm going to be okay. The first step is admitting I have a problem. So there...I said it. I have a problem. I am addicted to Sparkling Mineral Water.
I am going to get help...It's just..."Once it hits your lips, it's so good!"

No comments: