Feb 22, 2006

Procrastination 101

This morning was a true treat. It was so great, that I had a hard time focusing on the training goals for the day. Everytime I did an interval, I paid myself a reward and stopped to take in the views.

It was from this very spot on Alpine Lake that I decided to move to Marin. It is hard to believe that you are only 12 miles from San Francisco. This is a mere 20 minute ride from my house. Ridgecrest Rd. is famous for all of the car commercials...and you can see why. It's also one hell of a climb on a bike. Part pleasure with the endless vistas of the Pacific on one side, and today you could see the snow capped Sierras on the other. And part pain, with the "7 Bitches". Seven nasty pitches along the ridge as you climb up the Northern shoulder of Mt. Tam.
And finally, my favorite roadside creek on Bolinas-Fairfax Rd. Everytime I ride by, I want to stop and take a picture...so today I did.

I'm doing everything I can to make it happen, including enjoying the journey.

Enjoy your ride...

No comments: